Left 4 Dead arrives for the Mac

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by qaiz, Oct 27, 2010.

1. qaiz

qaiz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)

Please Register or Log in to view images

You Mac owners out there can now start "grabbin' peels" today with the arrival of the original Left 4 Dead, which Valve has finally released via Steam for the Mac. To celebrate the latest Windows-to-Mac port, Left 4 Dead is now 50% off. But wait, there's more!

In addition to Mac support for Left 4 Dead—delivered kind of on time, no less—Valve has also made the following updates.

• In Versus mode Tanks will spawn in stasis until a human player takes over. Tanks in stasis are invisible and invulnerable, and won't move or attack
    • Tank speed is no longer reduced when on fire
    • Allow players on the Infected team to manually spawn during finales
    • Added a vote option toggle All-Talk
    • Any Special Infected that causes a Survivor to stumble into a "ledge hang" situation will receive 50 points
    • Bullets that first pass through an infected character before striking a Survivor are now ignored as friendly fire
    • In Versus mode car alarms will now trigger anytime a Special Infected pulls or stumbles a Survivor into an alarm car
    • Protected console commands that can be used to lag or crash servers

Get downloading!
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I want my money back from buying the PC version. Or at least give it back to Valve to unban my MW2 account or something. Left 4 Dead 1 is sh*te.
  3. qaiz

qaiz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Its an alright game, I suppose.

Plus, look on the bright side, now its on Mac, it will be flooded with new life!

If you bought it on Steam, couldn't you just download it on Mac free of charge and play it?

Thats obviously assuming you bought it on Steam