leather case with screen protection?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Spedprof, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Spedprof

Spedprof New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Folks,

I'm a new Ipod Touch 2G owner. I'm a middle aged male that expects to carry the Ipod in both my briefcase and also in my front pants pocket. I think I want a slim leather case with screen protection (front pocket has keys, etc.) that also provides access to controls and syncing without removing anything. Also, no clip needed as it will only make the case fatter.

Suggestions, please.

Thanks in advance
  2. Appman

Appman Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Thias is a website where I got my leather case for pretty cheap they also sell other iPod accesories. The website is everydaysource.com. Tell me if this was helpful or not or if you want to know which one I got is.
  3. Spedprof

Spedprof New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    leather cases?

Thanks, Appman... A colleague just told me that leather cases wear out very quickly....any comment on that?... Is that the general impression of leather cases?

Thanks
  4. steincj

steincj Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Without a doubt, skin it. I use Best Skins Ever, but you can also look at InvisibleSHEILD and (someone help me out with the other major skin maker).

They add no bulk at all, are clear, add a nice tactile finish, and keep your device really safe.

After about 6 months, I've had to trim off corner pieces and such, but it's still offering tremendous protection.

YOu can still slip it into a case with the skin on it . . . some cases fit too tight for skins, but leather would be just fine. I won a Proporta case on this site, and my skinned 2G fits perfectly in it.
  5. kev50088

kev50088 Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    use a macally mcase
  6. Appman

Appman Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I guess the life span of a leather case is all up to how you use it and where it is and if you'll use toe iPod in it's case all the time. They also have imitation leather that might last longer.
    Here's their link to the iPod touch cases section:http://www.everydaysource.com/itouch2-cases.html
    they also have some pretty neat accesories too.
  7. IceBerg

IceBerg New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I have the belkin fold-over leather case and I have an invisible shield skin on the actual touch. Works out great and under the skin the device looks shinny brand new.