Learn Objective-C Online Interactive

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by Drewza1243, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Drewza1243

Drewza1243 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    So I looked around this site (that means I searched in the 'iPhone OS Development' forum for 'learn', because that's what I want to do, and of the four posts that came up none of them talked about what I wanted to talk about. So, don't abuse the sh*t out of me if there's another post! Get over it! I made a mistake!) and couldn't find what I was looking for

Please Register or Log in to view images

I'm looking for an online interactive tutorial for beginners. There are some for other languages but I can't find any for Objective-C, I learned basic Ruby with one and I was hoping to learn basic Objective-C because I find it easier to learn something interactively.

Thanks in advance,
    Drew

PS: I would also like to know some easy to follow online tutorials like videos and websites if there aren't any interactive ones

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    What's wrong with buying a book, and reading it, while compiling and running the provided examples as well as writing your own solutions to the exercises at the end of each chapter?

Programming in Objective-C 2.0 by Stephen G. Kochan is the best (if not only) introductory book on Obj-C that assumes no prior programming experience.
  3. Drewza1243

Drewza1243 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I just find it easier to do an interactive tutorial. I will look into buying the book ASAP (the only problem is that I don't have a job at the moment because I work during the footy season as I'm an umpire)