[Leak] redTool Roadmap and Projected Plans

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by virusx, May 29, 2009.

1. virusx

virusx New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I just wanted to show some of the stuff I saw on IRC... it isn't anything special so I figured I would show you guys the current roadmap for redTool's development up until the 3.0 release.

Simple Mode:

Main Screen ---> Simple Mode --> Wait and Detect screen (for device model/platform detection) --> Cydia/Icy/Installer Selection --> Graphical DFU Helper --> Actual Jailbreak --> Finish

Advanced Mode:

Main Screen --> Advanced Mode --> Wait and Detect --> Firmware Selection and Hashing --> LogoManager stuff --> AppManager Stuff --> Build Firmware --> redsn0w patch --> iTunes Restore --> Finish

Please Register or Log in to view images

Sources familiar with the matter say that it should only be a matter of weeks and release should come around the release of 3.0. Recent announcements as well as these purported rumors lead me to believe that redTool with redsn0w support (a.k.a redTool 2.0) is gaining speed and should be out soon.

http://www.vimeo.com/4907054
  2. JoeyB

JoeyB Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Uhhhhhh -u-umm how did you get this content?
  3. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Eh.... this was totally public lol. Oh well, I guess it's good for everyone to see what my plans are. Plans are going smoothly too

Please Register or Log in to view images

If anyone wants to test out what's going on, feel free to join our IRC:

irc.osx86.hu
    #redtool

Also, since he posted a video of AppManager, you can PM me for a beta link on that since it is now ready for public consumption.