Leak firmware 2.0b now!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by badbuddah, Mar 12, 2008.

1. badbuddah

badbuddah New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The Dev team makes big news. They supposly jailbreak 2.0 (only proof is a mere screenshot). So why there's no firmware 2.0b leak already? Seems quite fishy to me. If you have of PM me, should talk.
  2. full1

full1 New Member

I believe those screen shots are fake.. If there really jailbroke it wouldnt it make more sense they would at least release a video of how it at least look they dont have to show how it looks cause to me screenshots doesnt prove anything cause anyone could fake them...
  3. brosmooth

brosmooth New Member

theyre smart not to release it, that way no one else can copy it, which is aparently reallllllly common with hackers now a days... which is sad really, theres always someone who wants all the glory.
  4. dwonder3

dwonder3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    True and if apple got hold of the JB they could make changes to prevent it from happening when 2.0 is released.
  5. badbuddah

badbuddah New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    What are you talking about guys? I don't give a f'ah about the jailbreak i'm talking about the FIRMWARE 2.0beta. All response above just miss the point.
  6. b-ballstyle

b-ballstyle New Member

Why should they release the jailbreak if the firmware 2.0 is not released ??? WTF
    And distributing the 2.0 beta firmware is illegal... Also if they release it now apple will bring more security to the public 2.0 release and we will not be able to jailbreak it again
  7. badbuddah

badbuddah New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    THIS IS NOT A THREAD ABOUT 2.0 JAILBREAK.
  8. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I'm really starting to think they don't have anything. there still holding on to there 1.1.3 jailbreak. they released only a soft. Yet claimed to have found multiplet exploits in that firmware. then it was the iTunes trick on youtube. Now a jailbreak for a yet to be public firmware. come on man wake up and smell the sh*t.
  9. raze94

raze94 New Member

i dont think 2.0 will be the next firmware to be released. there was talk around here somewhere that this was scheduled for release sometime in june. im thinking we might still see a 1.1.5 before we get the 2.0, but i could realy care less. ive done updates with no noticeable difference in the performace of the device, and im not only taking about the ipot. ive done updates for everyone in my family starting from the shuffle, nano, nano video, photo, video, video classic, ipot, and iphone. my attitude towards these updates now are if it aint broke then dont fix it.
  10. evel_king

evel_king New Member

I wish I knew, try contacting someone in the Dev Team. They'll know and maybe even agree to leak it. It's possible that they're lying though, releasing just a screenshot, which pardon my stupidity, I don't understand. They could always Photoshop it.