LDS Scriptures, Hymns, Manuals viewable offline

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by ashidar, Mar 30, 2008.

1. ashidar

ashidar New Member

This is my first post, and I am new at this, but for any of you out there that enjoy viewing your scriptures/hymns/manuals on your iphone/ipod touch, this is for you.

I found the web page scripturesapp.com to be very helpful in viewing scriptures and hymns etc on my ipod touch. But for those occasions when I didn't have wifi I was left wanting. So I ripped that web page and re-coded it so that you can view it locally on your ipod/iphone if you have no internet connection.

It includes the standard works, hymns, and the manual for this year. To view it offline (with wifi turned off) you must follow this tutorial so you can view files locally:

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3359

Next, download this rar file

http://brandonbundy.com/scriptures/

Extract the “scriptures” folder to the “sites” folder on your ipod/iphone and then navigate to 127.0.0.1 in safari, click on ’scriptures’ then on ‘wsdindex.html’ and there you go.

(You can add it as a webclip for easier access)

I give all credit to those who made scripturesapp.com. I only ripped it locally and changed some links to make it work.
  2. iamse7en

iamse7en New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Awesome! Thank you! I was in wanting today at Church - Had no signal and the teacher wanted volunteer readers in the Book of Mormon.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Standard Works

Standard Works New Member

Standard Works - LDS Books iPhone/iTouch Scriptures Application

There's a native iPhone scriptures application named LDS Books which is available on the iTunes App Store - it's the fastest and most feature-rich available.

You can go directly there via this link: LDS Books iPhone Scripture Application

The website is located here: Standard Works
  4. weewoot

weewoot New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    sweet man thanks
  5. rileyman

rileyman Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    lsd, how much for a hit