LCD Screen Suddenly Stopped Working

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Ex-Touch, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Ex-Touch

Ex-Touch New Member

Upon putting my old 1G iPod back together after trying to see what was wrong with the home button, the LCD screen doesn't seem to be working anymore. I know the the iPod is on because iTunes shows it and I can sync it any everything. I've made sure the connector for screen was put in correctly, and everything's in it's place. I'm lost right now and I really need this fixed because my little brother will be very disappointed to find that he can't play games anymore on this iPod. Thanks in advance for any help. If you need pictures just ask, I'll take it apart again and take some.

Managed to get the home button working since I got it in recovery, so I can get it in DFU, but that doesn't make a difference. Here's some pics.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Ex-Touch

Ex-Touch New Member

Really? No one? This is becoming a habit..
  3. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Well, I hate to ask this, but are you sure you properly connected the screen?

Maybe something went wrong when you tried that, and this is the result.
  4. Ex-Touch

Ex-Touch New Member

Well, it clicked when I pushed it in, and when I firmly press on it, it doesn't seem to move or anything. I'm afraid I could've shorted it out as a possibility because of using metal screw drivers, instead of plastic tools.