Lava Lamp...

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by ./^\.ACE./^\., Dec 12, 2007.

1. ./^\.ACE./^\.

./^\.ACE./^\. Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I saw a demonstration of a multi-touch system that some guy made and to show it off he had this lava lamp kind of thingy that you could pull and squish around as well as heat up and watch it cool down...

Please Register or Log in to view images

So I'm wondering if someone is willing to make an app like this...

Or does one already exist...

2. willymcsilly

willymcsilly New Member

HAHA I recently watched that video and thought about doing a thread on it but forgot thanks for reminding me . it would be awesome
  3. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
  4. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

Both of these apps are pretty similar.

In my opinion, both of these apps would be pretty boring. Yeah, it is cool to show these things off to friends, but it in the end it is pretty useless. This seems like it would be something in the iApp a day package.

5. TouchyFish

TouchyFish New Member

HAH, this would be a hilarious idea. And a retro one. Somebody should also make a disco ball that you can touch to spin!

Actually though, I've thought that an insane Touch game would be if somebody made an iPod touch version of Wario Ware, I've got it on my Wii and it would make a sweet touch/accelerometer game.

6. Night-Hawk

Night-Hawk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    please please someone make something like this, i love it!!!!!!!!!!
  7. ./^\.ACE./^\.

./^\.ACE./^\. Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well actualy they require different progaming and have different end effects...
    The Lava lamp is not really my idea like i said, i saw it in a demo of multi-touch and it is a hands on interactive consept...
    Water is diferent because it would behave like water, it would ripple and splash and take it's imput from the exseleromiter as well as your fingers...
    So it would be fare to say they would share some trates of each other but in a programing scence they aren't really similar...

I found the link I was looking for --> Jeff Han: Unveiling the genius of multi-touch interface design
  8. iclone

iclone New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    wow even if its useless.. i wont buy a touch if it wont have programms like this!
  9. jacobwaldo2

jacobwaldo2 New Member

not only do i think that this is an amazing idea and would love to see it become a reality but this has got me thinking. is the ipod multitouch screen (so it can do what he was doing in the video) or is it just a normal touch screen.
  10. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

it has multitouch (2 touches i belive) which allows for things like pinching of folders

i have heard that a prominant member of this site has gotten up to 5 touches to work however