Latest LogoMe version killed my iPod Touch 2G

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by dtremea, Apr 12, 2009.

1. dtremea

dtremea New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey folks,

I hope someone can share some thoughts on how to proceed...

Months ago I jailbroke my iPod Touch 2G with FinalSn0w (mac), all was good and working until I saw that LogoMe got updated today (with support for iPod Touch 2G), so I decided to test it...

When I opened LogoMe it said something about your iPod had to be jailbroken with redsn0w 0.3 or later (which mine wasn't).

I thought "no problem, at worst case I'll restore it and that's it!" but looks like I was wrong... right after 'flashing' the new logo I hold down the power button, then turned off my iPod, but now it doesn't start anymore!

I've tryied to put it in DFU mode, but it's not working... no matter what I do, looks like the iPod is always off... I don't know if this is important but the battery was bellow 20%...

Now when I plug the USB cable to try to charge the iPod, the MacBook isn't recognizing it... I even tried to plug it into another computer, but I have no idea if it's charging or not... or what else I can do!

I read somewhere that it could be in 'patching mode' (or something like that) but I'm not really sure... All that I know is that holding the power and home buttons has no effect at all!

I'm open to any idea guys...

Thanks in advance!

--deo
  2. Itoucheater

Itoucheater Banned

logo me is a piece of sh*t stay away fromn it
  3. cline92

cline92 New Member

Device:
    iPad
    No it's not! It worked for me! But i did jailbreak with redsn0w, but if you jailbreak with redsn0w it doesn't make you restore (but everyone knows that [i think])
  4. BMatt

BMatt New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    LogoMe DOES NOT WORK W/ IPOD TOUCH 2G!!!!!! PAY ATTENTION!!!!
  5. tunafish31

tunafish31 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    same thing happened to me with logome but i just DFU restore and now its working, make sure your in DFu mode.
  6. dtremea

dtremea New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey,

the latests version (released today) claims it does work... that's why I tried. The problem is that it seems to work only for those who jailbroke with redsn0w 0.3, which wasn't my case... :-(

Anyway, any suggestion on what else can be done to make the iPod start, in whatever mode... normal, DFU, etc...?
  7. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Where did you find that it said it worked with the 2G?
  8. dtremea

dtremea New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey,

somewhere in the logome package info/description inside Cydia. I can't access it now... can you confirm?

Anyway, the problem now is to find a way to turn the iPod on again in whatever possible mode...
  9. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I just looked at the changelog and it says nothing about support for the 2G
  10. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Yes logome works with 2g now, but only if you used redsn0w 0.3 to jailbreak it.

^and to make your ipod work again just plug it into the computer and click on redsn0w.exe again. Someone stated that doing that works.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Download the app first and then go into it and it appears on the home screen telling you that you need resn0w 0.3 and above to use it.