Last row of keyboard not working.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Nasher1, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Nasher1

Nasher1 New Member

Hi

has anybody here encountered this problem? It seems to only affect certain applications (the ones that come with the iPod touch). The only thing not working is the bottom row of the keyboard Number button, space button and anything else I run seems to be responsive at that particular bottom row on the screen. I don't imagine it's a hardware problem, given that other applications respond to button placed in that bottom row. Landscape mode works fine, but not everything can be switched to landscape mode when entering data.

Does anyone know where the firmware is stored on a Mac? My last resort will be to erase it and re-download (even if I have to pay again). Thanks for any help

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Blake

Blake Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    You don't have to find the firmware. Just click restore and it will do it for you. And you WON'T have to pay again.
  3. Nasher1

Nasher1 New Member

Right. I failed to mention that I have already tried this, that is, restoring from the firmware many times over. I was reading elswhere that a few people got it working this way again, but nobody mentions where the firmware is and how to erase it in order to start over again.
    So does anybody know where the firmware is stored in OS X so that I can erase it and download it again? Given that the problem seems to be software related, it is very possible that the firmware I downloaded from Apple got corrupted during the download.

I
  4. Winterboard

Winterboard Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    if you change the keyboard language to Chinese it something does that work?
  5. iPhoneFTW

iPhoneFTW New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Is it generally the bottom row of your screen? Can you slide to unlock? Because if you can't you have probably smashed or cracked the mirrors behind the LCD screen.
  6. Winterboard

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    mirrors? Rofl!!!
  7. Nasher1

Nasher1 New Member

Ooooki.
    So, can anybody answer my question, please? Where does OS X store the firmware files. The file that is extracted when you restore the iPod touch.
    There is no cracked or misused iPod, I tried DFU restore and everything humanely possible. What I need to know is where OS X stores the firmware update file.

So, anybody know?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Of course, I meant to write "humanly" possible, because even though i treat my iPod like a baby, the term humanely isn't an appropriate term

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. Winterboard

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Sorry I only know windows. Just search for the file...
  9. malibusurfer93

malibusurfer93 Banned

i just looked but i cant find it. i used to know. i though it was somewhere in system>library
  10. iAmNemo

iAmNemo New Member

Have you tried fixing this stuff I'm having the same problem.