Last minute help: on a few screen shots

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by Johnny Quest, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Johnny Quest

Johnny Quest Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Ok, I've been up all day and night trying to finish this theme "GrayStone" and I ran a test on my ipot and my Safari screen has different shading. I don't know what is it. If anybody knows the name of the file in which I can correct this please let me know. look at the top bar. Meanwhile I'm finishing up another calculator, because I didn't like the one I made.

Attached Files:

2. iKeablr

iKeablr Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Have you checked in the Safari app? You probably have. But I have not seen anything like that. I would have to do some research on this one. But more or less somebody else will find your resolution. You should ask Gitykins. Or Crypt.
  3. Manic Nimrod

Manic Nimrod Well-Known Member

That file would be 'TopShine.png'

I've had this problem before when making my safari themes, i think you can make the image transparent, if not then make it the same colour/gradient.

The res of the image is 320x22
  4. iKeablr

iKeablr Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    That is funny I was going to say Manic, instead of Crypt though I wasn't sure if themed that before. Well atleast now I know.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. Johnny Quest

Device:
    iPhone 6
    thank you so much, I had a feeling but along with that question, the actual page itself, you know the bottom bar and top bar, what would be the name of that? I made a default page layout with the search UISearchField... but its not showing up. Is the bottom bar and top bar made separately? or would it be created as a whole 320x480 page?
  6. Manic Nimrod

The Top bar is called 'GradientFill.png' its 320x222

The bottom bar is called 'UIBottomBarDefaultBackground.png' its 320x44

That bottom bar is for the portrait view of Safari. For the Landscape view its 'UIBottomBarDefaultBackgroundSmall.png' its 320x32.

I have not found or used a way to change the colour of the Search Field, so cant help on that, But you can change the progress bar is needed. 'UIProgress' its 17x31

Changing the bottom bar in Safari will also change the bottom bar in Mail. I've had complaint about this, Apple made it so the apps use the same image.
  7. Johnny Quest

Device:
    iPhone 6
    ok. Thanks you so much. I wanted to change the bottom bars on all. Now I know, let me finish this theme once and for all. I have to finish this today because the next couple of days I'll be working and packing for a week vacation. Thanks again.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Ok, once again, I'm beating my brains because if I do the top shine one color and then the gradient fill the same there's always a different tone that you can notice. I did the transparency but it ended up a total different color as if it went to its default color. I'm going to try to make the top shine bigger and see.
  8. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Manic is far better than me at Safari.
  9. Johnny Quest

Device:
    iPhone 6
    ok I manage to get the safari top bar set at 320x60 fit just right. But, yes there's another one, my Maps has the same thing. does maps also have a top bar name? take a look.

Attached Files:

10. Manic Nimrod

Thats Odd, I never noticed that.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I would guess you will have to edit the map image files, if you can.