Last 5 or so images on my app won't show. What is the transition used on the Home?

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by bamhm182, Apr 26, 2009.

1. bamhm182

bamhm182 Member

Mar 2, 2009
    I've searched and came up empty handed. I'm trying to make an app with an interface that is similar to the Home screen.

I've got 16 buttons with 16 pictures(1 in each button, every picture I've used in .png format), than 16 Labels with a caption for each buton, the background, and a page control, to tell which page it's on, I've only got 1 page so far though, so it's a bit useless ATM.

Anyways, so the last 5 icons won't show up, it's just an empty button with the name in the middle. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Also, if anyone knows what the transition used to have something enter from the right/left(like on the home page) is called, please tell me.

EDIT: As I suspected, it was a memory issue. I switched all the pictures to .jpg and now they all show up, but it looks like crap, so I'll just have to figure out how to get the .pngs smaller.

EDIT 2: Alright, so, I figured out how to fix it, not 100% sure what caused it, but I made it so that instead of having 1 large picture behind everything, I just have the dock as a separate picture, than set the background to black, now they all show up.

I'd still like to know what the name of the transition I'd use to get a view to enter from the left or right of the screen is called though.