Laser Pointer Help :(

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by lolmao, Sep 9, 2010.

1. lolmao

lolmao Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    ok so i wanna buy a laser pointer.. and i have some questions, and Google doesnt no much about them so.. and theyre technology so..
    anyways..
    it says its a BluRay Laser Pointer..
    would that be able to burn things.. light matches? pop balloons? etc..
    and are they able to be imported into Australia?

Thanks
  2. RandomEskimo

RandomEskimo Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    If they can burn things then no you can't bring it into Australia, What's the power rating? As far as I can remember anything over 2 watts is illegal in Australia. Also if it is blu-ray then I would think it would be for a blueray player and you wouldn't be able to see it.
  3. lolmao

lolmao Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    youtube videos, show it being seen and popping balloons here
    its 130 milliwatts to
  4. RandomEskimo

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Maybe it was 2 milliwatts. But if it can pop balloons then no you can't bring that into Australia. But then it can only be seized by customs, so get it if you want just remember not to point in people's eyes and that it is an illegal device so watch where you flash it (pun not intended).
  5. lolmao

lolmao Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    but if its seized by customs will i get it at all?
  6. RandomEskimo

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    No. Which state, some state's customs seem to be more officious than other states. Tasmania customs has confisacted two pairs of scissors and a fake bullet that had been through Melbourne customs (about 4 or 5 times), Sydney customs and I think even Aukland NZ customs (not sure about this one).
  7. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Depends, if you write it into that import thing they give maybe. I saw some bluray ones which were about 120 mW at office works.
  8. lolmao

lolmao Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    im no wbuyin a 200mW, will that still get in?
  9. ChrisGonzales90

ChrisGonzales90 Banned

Device:
    iPad
    Just remember the laser pointer isn't really a toy to be messing around with. There have been people arested here in the states for shining it at aircraft. That is actully a federal crime. There was a local off duty police officer who almost lost his eye sight when some kid thought it would be cool to shine it in some random guys face as he was sitting in his car. That "random guy" was an off duty cop and the guy who shined the laser is still serving time if I recall. (it happened a few weeks ago).

I had one a while back, but I used it mostly to shine on the floor so my little doggie can chase it. I didn't shine it it anywhere where I could get in trouble or someone hurt.
  10. lolmao

lolmao Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i wanna use it in my magic acts..to light matches, and pop balloons "with my mind"