Landscape Buttons

Discussion in 'Gameboy Advance emulator (gpSPhone)' started by palidino76, Dec 3, 2007.

1. palidino76

palidino76 New Member

I was just going to post in the landscape controllers thread but everyone is posting their controllers and not really reading posts.

I noticed that overall most controlers people are making have the basic directional pad: +

Why do you think he made the default one have 8 squares? Because the touch supports up to two touches at once. So what if you want to go up/left and press a? Well you can't.

That's why theres the extra directions made! So many people ignore than when making the landscape controllers and I just really wanted to point out that they should add ALL the buttons.
  2. Dbajj

Dbajj New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    True, but the diagonal button still do work even if they don't have them there, just click inbetween the two buttons.

Most people just want less buttons so it will not obstruct the view as much.
  3. kclives

kclives New Member

Exactly - more buttons obscures the screen, the buttons still work even if they arent there, note how on a real gameboy there arent 8 buttons...
  4. Hazed

Hazed Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Well i've managed to incorporate these into my skin via little circles in between the arrows (which actually have a 27x27px touch area).

But it isn't really an issue for someone using the standard skin config and a custom skin replacement, as the diagonal buttons will still be there just invisible.