lag with the GBA?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by enjoylyf, Dec 12, 2008.

1. enjoylyf

enjoylyf New Member

when i play games on the GBA (Pokemon firered) i get a mild lag that is bugging me. the game is still playable but i was wondering if there is any way to fix it.

thanks in advance!
  2. ThatGEEKFreak

ThatGEEKFreak Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    Nope. The iPod simply cannot emulate it at full speed yet.
  3. itouchmyitouch37

itouchmyitouch37 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Everybody gets it. So don't worry. And yeah, the reason is because the iPod cannot handle a game to run it totally perfect, like that one. So yeah, maybe the next little gadget Apple makes will be able to run it smoothly.
  4. ThatGEEKFreak

ThatGEEKFreak Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    If someone like Apple were to code it I can guarantee it could run full speed with the current touch, but obviously they wouldn't. If you had people who design for console's to design the emulator it wouldn't be an issue. When someone designs for one thing and one thing only you get a better product. That's why the PS3 and Xbox 360 have such amazing graphics, (please don't start a f**king flame war about the two either) people design specifically for those consoles. If someone were to code something better for the iPod touch it would most likely run it full.
  5. liamsherif

liamsherif New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    What gets me is I heard a report (can't remember where right now) that apple claimed that the ipod touch had better graphics or could run games better then the ds. Something of that nature anyway. So either they're lying or someone just hasn't perfected the GBA emulator yet. I want/prefer to believe the second one.
  6. Apple Freak

Apple Freak Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Well, so you're saying that Zod is not good enough to code a good GBA emulator?
    Why don't you make one yourself?
  7. Shadowriver

Shadowriver Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You don't understand what emulator is...

It runs virtual CPUs and other components on other CPU, and that virtual stuff need to run other original code of the game. Think about it, original CPU that have emulator code in memory and runs it in full power by that need to interpretive other program (original game code) and emulate other hardware components in same time... this process is 10x slower, then on original hardware :> Also zod make this emulator quite fast and it's not as much optimized as could be, emulator need a quite work too run at full speeds, VirtualBoy Advance for exampleneeded 2 years to perfection

Note also that 2GHz PCs have lag emulating DS

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. Brainy142

Brainy142 New Member

well..... You have to become a ZODDTTD beta tester if you want the newest version. (dam myself for not having ability to use a credit card).