Lag in games

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gamepro127, May 24, 2010.

1. gamepro127

gamepro127 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Has anybody noticed the lag in games on the 3G? I did own an ipod touch 3rd gen 32gb, compared with the 3G, the 3G is laggy. I mean i was playing hero of sparta and you can tell theirs a little bit of lag throughout the entire game on the 3G. Has anyone else experinced this? Is their a fix or something to improve performance? I tried safe mode but it doesent help much.

Thanks!
  2. deadlyvirus

deadlyvirus New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    iPod 3G has a better graphics chip than the iPhone 3G
  3. gamepro127

gamepro127 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I understand that, but why does thr iphone 3g lag in basically every game with a 3d enviroment?
  4. Ouchy_S

Ouchy_S Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Not just that, the 3G iPod touch has more Ram then the 3G iPhone. How many Mobile Substrate apps do you have?
  5. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    because 3G is not 3D, get it? well I had a discussion with one of apple employees about the lagginess of 3rd party apps in 3g iphone and he said that it was not designed for 3d games. And I thout that all apps in app store were approved by apple so I am confused anyone with any idea?
  6. thedj

thedj Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    If they lag then play the games in safe mode it should be fast then
  7. stanleybridgeboy

stanleybridgeboy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    To be honest my friend Apple has refreshed the hardware in their iDevices since you bought yours. So the developers are gonna add in that extra picture, or frame... They're making the newer games look better on the newer devices, which is causing the slow down on the older ones.

It's a bad thing, but hey, it's time to upgrade soon anyway... Remember the iPhone 3G is a 2008 model. We're in 2010 now, it's a whole new game.