Kryptes crashed my ipod!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by MiP0d, May 11, 2009.

1. MiP0d

MiP0d New Member

I downloaded Kryptes from Installer (Just to see what it was like) I didn't end-up liking it. So, I went back into Installer and uninstalled it. It gave me the message "Successfully Completed Download" and it wasn't supposed to, it only says that when I download something. Then, I went back to my springboard and a few of my apps had blank white icons (and they didn't before). Then, all of sudden it crashed and went into standby. My lockscreen picture and springboard themes went to default. My system strings were saved. But, the springboard showed only apps I downloaded from the App Store. All of my other apps were gone. The dock was empty. It didn't even show apps that came with the ipod! No Safari! No settings! no mail! help!!!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. David.

David. Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Try to reboot. Start it in safe mode and delete it. Restore?
  3. camphill

camphill New Member

Mine just did the same thing. So far it's safe to say that Kryptes sucks so far. I hope we can get back to having a usable phone without doing a restore.
  4. MiP0d

MiP0d New Member

Restoring it worked but Cydia and everything I got from it was GONE. So, I had to rejailbreak it and it took me FOREVER to install all of my apps and themes again.
  5. camphill

camphill New Member

Go out and get APTBACKUP from Cydia NOW and start using it regularly. If you ever have to restore with iTunes the total labor is GREATLY reduced.

In the future:
    1- Restore from iTunes
    2 - Re-Jailbreak
    3 - Install APTBACKUP again
    4 - Run APTBACKUP and choose restore.

APTBACKUP will then restore all non-appstore apps in one fell swoop.