Known Android Errors

Discussion in 'Android Chat' started by benny679, Aug 12, 2010.

1. benny679

benny679 Banned

Device:
    iPhone
    This is your guide to fix android errors.​

Boot Errors

1. Multitouch calibration data installed. It hangs there.
    The first thing you need to do is download iphone browser here

Download it and install it. If your screen is still on multitouch calibration data, reboot your iphone by holding down the home and power button until the device screen goes black, then let go. If it stays black just turn it on like you normally would. Select iPhone OS. Wait for it to boot. Then launch iphonebrowser. Navigate to the android files on private/var. Delete the files. Download the iDroid files fromhere
    Extract them to your desktop. Drag and drop the android files into the private/var folder. Exit out. Reboot your iPhone. Do not use Winscp to change permissions. Leave that program out of it. Somehow changing it over WiFi corrupts the images.

Multitouch calibration error 2: One your done installing android images, unplug it from your computer.

2. Line across screen, fades white. This happens with a certain kind of image. I tried to put an iphone 2g android image on my ipod touch. Maybe they were just corrupt images? I just simply switched to a different iDroid. If this happens to you, your out of luck, sorry.

In Android Errors
    3. gapps
    First off, gapps means Google Apps. With the current release of iDroid 0.2, Google Apps doesn't work correctly with the iphone or ipod touch. iDroid 1.0 comes out in a week or two, MBtrace will probably release it. iDroid will work with gapps. Programs that use gapps include Android Market, Google Talk, Gmail etc. Luckily wifi still works and you can use the browser. Weather also works.

4. Wifi: unable to find networks
    To fix this, go to settings, wifi, and wifi settings (the one below the wifi on/off switch. Go in there and turn off wifi if its already on. Turn it back on. Enter your wifi pin. Turn wifi off, turn it back on. It will say unable to find networks. Wait a few seconds. It will find yours and connect.

GUIDE WILL BE UPDATED WEEKLY
  2. ddominator

ddominator New Member

You do realize that the link you provide for download iDroid contain firmware binaries (zephyr2.bin). That is illegal and could get you in trouble.

Also it is more recommended to just have people extract their own binaries using automated scripts. Not everyone has a linux but that's not an excuse to break copyright laws.

Again, as mentioned bazillion times, releasing GAPPs in system.img is illegal. For an example, http://androidandme.com/2009/09/hacks/cyanogenmod-in-trouble/
    Is MBTrace licensed to distribute GAPPs? Cause he will be in trouble with Google if Google decides to seek action. Better than sorry.
  3. benny679

benny679 Banned

Device:
    iPhone
    Files are not illegal, information is not illegal. Especially open source files... they are what is called OPEN SOURCE. The firmware is open source. That binary is everyones.

By the way, this whole time I HAD NO CLUE WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT. There is no bin in there. Thanks anyway.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Those files have nothing to do with me, someone told me to use them, he said they were the best.
  4. MBFtrace

MBFtrace Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ddominator, I took down the links for the the iDroid binaries in my guide.

They were removed over a month ago.