Knockoff = Better?

Discussion in 'iPod classic, nano, etc.' started by mattym, Sep 25, 2008.

1. mattym

mattym New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    So i was in a pretty big and well know retail electronics store today. I wont mention the name for now. And what i saw there was surprising. While this store has an Apple Store on one of its floors, right below it is the normal mp3 display area. While i was looking around i saw what i thought to be a nano4G.

To my dismay it was in fact not an iPod at all. Upon closer inspection it looks more like a 2G Nano with a screen the size of the 4th gen. It looks much like the fakes that bgizzle pointed out in a post he made around the time of the 4G launch.

The funny part is that they are marketing it by its real name. They turn a blind eye to the fact that it looks just like an iPod. The Impecca mp2040 is its name.

Best part still is that from the specs it seems to be better then the iPods. It has 4gb of space and a micro-SD card slot. It also has an FM radio receiver along with built in mic and speaker. Still yet it does audio and video and you can have it in most of your favorite formats.

if some third rate company can pull all of this off in what by all means looks just like an iPod, why wont Apple?

P.S. i snapped a pic but wont have it up till later.
  2. f1av0rflave

f1av0rflave Banned

it was probably cheaper no? and the ipods are more popular because in my opinion/experience with knockoffs, they dont last nearly as long or are as durable as the real ipods.
  3. mattym

mattym New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    yea i forgot to mention the price. They had it at 69.99 but i looked on amazon and found it for about 50.
  4. GarnetNGold

GarnetNGold Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
  5. bkram1

bkram1 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    LOL sounds interesting, I'm sure the software wouldn't be as good as the new Nano UI.
  6. JohnnyAndroid

JohnnyAndroid Active Member

Device:
    iPad 4
    Although you said the specs were better, I can bet that the UI sucks and the whole thing is a hassle to use. Also no accelerometer = no buy.
  7. hmmm your pic looks familar. but yea the knockoff sounds cool.
  8. bkram1

bkram1 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    LOL you are SO funny

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah, these are chinese rip offs. They're pretty old to be honest, and I've seen loads in Hong Kong
  10. Alpha911

Alpha911 New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Does the clickwheel work?