Knockem! by eBattalion Review

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by blubill, Apr 14, 2009.

1. blubill

blubill Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I recently was able to pick up a copy of knockem released by eBattalion. I actually was able to get a free copy because of there generosity on this very site. I have shown it to a few of my friends and I am pretty sure that all of them are going to purchase it if they haven't already. I am in no way affiliated with eBattalion, this is just a review of their game Knockem. The opinions in this review are only mine toward this particular game.

The point of this game is to keep the enemies which appear on your screen from making it to the red portal towards the bottom of your screen. You achieve this by launching a ball towards them. When an enemy is struck they pause for a second and their remaining life is shown. After the ball has run it's course it returns to it's home location and you are able to launch it again. It's a very basic idea but when you add in the walls and combo points this game becomes one of my favorite games made for the iPod touch. Here is a screen shot of the how to page:

Please Register or Log in to view images

The game starts off slowly while you get used to launching your ball towards the enemies. Very quickly the game picks up and you are bouncing the balls off of enemies back and forth several times before the ball returns to the place where you can launch it again.

Along the way there are bomb enemies, which when hit they immediately blow up, along with all the other enemies on your screen. These come in very handy when you have upwards of 10 bad guys coming towards your portal!

The replay value of this game is incredible. When I pause the game and return to it, it is in the same location it was before. When you get better at the game and can go for 30-40 minutes without losing this will come in handy if something comes up and you have to step away from the game.

The graphics and sound effects are excellent for this game. There is no delay between when an event occurs and the reaction sound plays. From what I have seen so far there are four types of bad guys including the bomb. There may be more as I haven't made it very far yet. Plus this game seems like it would be easily updated if they decided to add more enemy types.

There is a nice settings feature also to tweak the game to your preference. Here is a screen shot of that.

The High Scores option is a nice feature from the menu which shows your best every score at the bottom and your current score at the top. The scores are kept track of in a variety of ways and are listed as Hits, Kills, Total Combos, Best Combo and Score.

I really enjoy this game and highly recommend it to everyone. The game is great and as proven by their willingness to give away 10 free copies of this game in a thread and then 10 MORE copies with the Fantastic Friday Giveaway they are run by good people. The cost is 99 cents which for this quality of a game is a great deal!

Thanks for reading!

2. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Nice job. I'm very happy that one member was conscientious enough to write a a review after the support the dev has given to these forums with all the free codes.
  3. krnguy712

krnguy712 New Member

Reminds me of a block breaker application, just that the targets are moving! I havent been able to get very far in the game, but its a solid app and one word that comes to mind is 'addicting'. Good job, and I like that you can listen to your own music while playing the game. Thanks for the promo code - look forward to future releases.