Klipsch S2 or JVC AirC?

Discussion in 'Audiophiles: Headphones, Earphones, etc.' started by imranh101, Aug 29, 2010.

1. imranh101

imranh101 Active Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Hey. I need to buy new headphones soon because my poor Sony (http://www.target.com/Sony-Earbud-Headphones-Violet-MDREX35LP/dp/B001RB24MI/) phones are baring wire.... as they have been for a month now. They are gonna break soon.
    I saw Bestbuy had those oh-so-popular JVC AirCushions or whatever for $21... Are they really THAT amazing? BECAUSE Bestbuy also had Klipsch S2's for $25.

Which one has better Bass, Treble, comfort?
    If anyone one says skullcandy is good I'll know to disregard your comment.
  2. crovian

crovian Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    neither are amazing by any means.
    impossible to find 'amazing' earphones at $25 by any standard.

I liked air cushion when I used it over a year ago but they did have a bit of coloured sound that some people would not like; same with klipsch s2 if they are anything like the s4. Air cushion was very comfortable to my ears and had no problem listening to music for hours. The problem was the cushion part tore up after about 9 months which was expected because I treated it pretty roughly.

People say klipsch iems (s4/x5/x10 primarily) are some of the most comfortable earphones to wear for prolonged time. I'm guessing s2 won't be too far off.

Why not buy both and return the one you don't like?
  3. NinjaBurrito

NinjaBurrito New Member

I would go with something from MeElectronic's if you are only willing to spend $25...
  4. imranh101

imranh101 Active Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Crovian, I'd like to buy both and return one but I don't have enough money and my dad wouldn't "Lend" me the money to get the second pair..
    And I know that I won't find anything amazing for $25 but when people are buying cheap, a lot of times people say "OMG AIR CUSHIONZ ZOMGGGG!!!!" so that's how I worded it

Please Register or Log in to view images

NinjaBurrito, I would look into buying those but I'm only buying local.

STORES NEAR ME WALMART, TARGET, BEST BUY, MICROCENTER, KMART, SEARS

ANY HEADPHONES YOU THINK UNDER $25 I SHOULD REALLY REALLY REALLY BUY?

I'M BUYING TOMORROW!!! POST SOON!!

P.S. My Sony's FINALLY broke today after EIGHT monthes of service. WOW, 8X THAT OF ANY OTHER HEADPHONE I'VE USED.
    The problem was at the plug, so I cut off the cord just below the split to the 2 phones, and cut at the same area on another old headphone, spliced the wires together, put some heatstrink tubing on it, heatshrank it, and... Voila they work again LOL I'm happy I'll have a backup pair if my JVC's or whatever I buy tomorrow break

Please Register or Log in to view images