Kindle internationnal sim card

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by derfing, Nov 1, 2009.

1. derfing

derfing New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    From what I heard , the Kindle Internationnal version has a sim card in it to download books from Amazon.
    Would it be possible to put this sim card in an unlocked/jailbroken Iphone to get the internet on the phone over the 3G network ?
  2. MuzzaHukka

MuzzaHukka New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    As a matter of fact you can !!! If you head to http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62967 and you look at the post "kic" has made, He says
    "Yes, I tried that, too. Did not work, probably because I would have needed to change the APN/user/password. Of course I did not know how to do this.

The Kindle-SIM did work in another mobile phone (no PIN required), but call/SMS reception and dialling a number/sending an SMS did not work either (3 tone signal). " ...

My relative (GrandMother) has a Kindle 3 and I wish of getting an iPhone but I think if I "borrow" her SIM-card she will be really angry...

Another Thing - To get a Kindle SIM - You Need £149 GBP - Much More expensive than Sitting Days on End on the most expensive 3G internet!!!

Kind Advice,
    MuzzaHukka
  3. metakirbyknight

metakirbyknight New Member

Yes, it would work.

However, since Amazon is giving you the data for free, you can only do what they say with it, and this is not one of the things you can do with it (legally).