Kind of stuck :(

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by RrAaCcOoOoNn, Jan 31, 2009.

1. RrAaCcOoOoNn

RrAaCcOoOoNn New Member

So i went threw all this JB process and i got to the point where i was restoring to the patchedFW then it finished whent black and now my computer says usb device not recognized iv tried DFU same thing pops up ic reinstalled liusb 2 or 3 times already

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. ToasterEater

ToasterEater Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Help him guys!
  3. xephyr

xephyr Member

ok, after your done with that you have to do a set of things. Mainly you have to reapply the patch, search around, aRiX's tutorial doesnt have it but some of the others do. -tcq42-'s tut was the best it was the one i followed with minimal troubles. He will also give you a boothelper that will fix that if nothing else works
  4. jieo

jieo New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i agree..sumbody help him..ohh ok well ido hav one piece of advice....DONT USE A TETHERED JAILBREAKING PROGRAM...all in all good luck

5. RrAaCcOoOoNn

RrAaCcOoOoNn New Member

iv tried 4 times, restarted computer, reiinstalled libusb 4 times, dfumode 10000x times and i still get

------------------double post merged------------------
    i think im the first person to brick his ipod touch and is unable to unbrick it

6. mrsteveman1

mrsteveman1 New Member

I registered to see if i could help. I did the custom restore on my Mac, and after letting itunes restore the custom image the device just sort of played dead a bit, black screen etc. I did try to boot it in DFU mode while connected to my mac and while disconnected, and it never seemed to work. This is of course where the depression and cursing started

However, i went and connected it to my windows machine and went through the motions of booting into DFU, and it did work, after a time or 2 windows found an apple device in dfu mode. Now, you are working blind here it seems, normally if you don't get into DFU you at least get something to happen, but thats not the case here.

So keep trying, plug it into a windows machine, hold power and home for 5 or 10 seconds, release power and keep home held down, and wait. Windows should find it. I tried this 1000 times on my mac and it never seemed to work (but the mac doesn't give any indication when an unknown usb device is plugged in so hard to say, i was just starting rslite and irecovery to check).

Basically don't give up, it probably isn't bricked (thats a "cover my ass" statement, i don't think its possible to brick it like this).
  7. C000LIN

C000LIN New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    dude, the USB device not recognized isn't unusual, it happened to me. your screen is black? Your in DFU mode. You need to open up Boot in the boothelper program (assuming you have that) and follow the instructions, hold home and power for 10 seconds and let go of power but hold home for 10-15 seconds, then let go and click any button to proceed. The next step is to unplug and replug in your iPod and you should have a white screen.
  8. Mchief298

Mchief298 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Awww why not, it's actually easy if you read and follow the directions >> they weren't specific enough on the cydia part, that's what screwed me over... had to go back and reinstall which took 2-3 hours due to a restore problem but all in all I now have a JB 2G so meh xD

Have you fixed your problem yet? because I have one suggestion that could help >>
  9. SurgeV1

SurgeV1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    ^ Alright, now that I have the white screen with boothelper, what do I do next?

Do I actually type in arm7_go, arm7_stop, ctrl + c and then n? If so, I've done that twice and I've got nothing.
  10. RrAaCcOoOoNn

RrAaCcOoOoNn New Member

tried the boot helper and got this. my ipod screen didnt turn white :'(