Killzone 2

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by Manic Nimrod, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Manic Nimrod

Manic Nimrod Well-Known Member

Is anyone waiting for this?

It looks so great. I cant wait. Need to pre-order it soon.
  2. bddckr

bddckr Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I don't even have a PS3 atm, but it seems like I'll get one on christmas. Killzone 2 is really one of the must-haves.
  3. DemonSynth

DemonSynth Banned

My cousin got the beta for it.

The game is incredibly realistic. Seriously, to snipe, you have to hold the controller steady, and hold the left stick to hold your breath...

The guns also sound incredibly realistic, and have very realistic recoil to them. My only problem with Killzone was that your turning speed is too slow, and the shotgun in the game is pretty weak...

Another problem I had was that you can't toggle the crouch, which gets kind of annoying at times...

And regarding graphics, I think Killzone 2 looks better than Gears 2, but I strongly believe that Gears 2 has a much more inspired art direction...

regardless, Killzone is shaping up to be an incredible game...
  4. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i hated killzone 1
  5. Dark Wizard Dragon Flame

Dark Wizard Dragon Flame New Member

I've seen beta footage and i don't see why this isn't just another run-of-the-mill shooter with fancy hi-tech graphics? Looks like crap to me.
  6. InaudibleWhisper

InaudibleWhisper Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Why are you playing Crysis then?

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. vipfreak

vipfreak New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You bet ur ass I have and am waiting for this game.
  8. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    So many FPS games. When will it end!?

• Resistance 2
    • God of War 2
    • Left4Dead
    • Fallout 3
    • Killzone 2
    • Call of Duty: World at War
    • Quantum of Solace
  9. InaudibleWhisper

InaudibleWhisper Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    When creating a game you have two options: Third person or first person (assuming you are controlling a single character). Why are all first person games instantly lumped into one large FPS genre? The first person perspective covers many genres and has games just as diverse as third person games. Take your list for example... Fallout 3 is completely different to all of those games. It is an RPG, or at the very most an action RPG. It seems even silly to compare it to something like Resistance 2, but because it's in first person it's the "same type of game" and "just another FPS"? Bullsh*t. It's like comparing Devil May Cry and Final Fantasy. So many third person games! When will it end?

Please Register or Log in to view images

I'll assume you meant Gears of War 2 and not God of War 2 and that brings me neatly to my second point: Gears of War 2 is not a first person game, yet people often put it in lists similar to this and confuse it with one. This leads me to conclude that people aren't sick of first person games, they're sick of action games that centre around gun play. They're blinded by the fact that it features a big meaty guy with a huge gun that they don't even consider it to anything but first person. It isn't the FPS aspect they're sick of; it's games with big meaty guys with huge guns. Because a lot of those type of games are in first person, people just lump them all together into one big "FPS" category which, unfortunately, includes games of a different genre that have the same perspective.
  10. Dark Wizard Dragon Flame

Dark Wizard Dragon Flame New Member

Since when is Fallout 3 an FP*S*?