Kicker ik500 compatible with 2G Touch - First Post

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by hammerface, Jan 19, 2009.

1. hammerface

hammerface New Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Hi everyone - this is my first post on this forum.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I just got a 2G for Christmas (just like 2 million other people) from the wife. In my search to find a good speaker/dock station for the 2g I discovered that the plug on the 2g touch, 3g iphone and new nano are different and will only charge through the usb pins - not firewire like all the ones previous. So finding hardware is tricky - not cool. Bad apple... that's a microsoft move...

Anyways - after much frustration in trying to find a good system that would charge my 2g touch as well as the wife's classic I ended up ordering the Kicker ik500. I spoke to someone in their engineering dept that confirmed that the unit charges via the usb pins, not firewire (if my terminology is off my apologies, I really don't know much about this stuff) - therefore this unit will indeed play AND charge the 2G.

Not sure if anyone is interested but it was helpful for me as I wanted a good quality, semi-portable, speaker for our ipods and this fit the bill. Maybe this will help someone else out.

Please Register or Log in to view images