Kick out of recovery mode?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by Tyr0, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Tyr0

Tyr0 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Hey, my stupid friend tried to jailbreak my ipod touch with ziphone, and now it is stuck in recovery mode, is there a way to kick it out yet, or will i have to wait for pwnage or something???
    -Tyr0
  2. ipodtouchdude

ipodtouchdude Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    no you have to restore
  3. Tyr0

Tyr0 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    damn, does anybody know when the 2.0 jailbreak will be out, like approximately, because i cant restore because im out of town.
  4. kimt08

kimt08 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I used ziphone to jailbreak my ipod just so i can get the "installer" installed. then i used iLiberty to actually jailbreak the ipod because ziphone wont work if your itunes is version 7.7
  5. ipodtouchdude

ipodtouchdude Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    this sunday it should be out
  6. RenegadeKrogan

RenegadeKrogan Banned

You do not have to restore. You can use iLiberty to kcik out of recovery mode. iLiberty is better the ziphone...check out my tutorial on it.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    iLiberty can install installer and everything you need. Check out my tutorial on it.
  7. Tyr0

Tyr0 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    no, but i am on 2.0, so i dont think it will work. Should i try on mac or pc? i have access to both.
  8. RenegadeKrogan

RenegadeKrogan Banned

You may be out of luck because iliberty does not recognize 2.0. You will have to restore it.

There are two alternatives but i do not know if they will work...not harm in trying though...

Open up ziphone and click normal mode and that may kick it out of recovery mode or try ibrickr which works like iliberty.
  9. LaFlamme

LaFlamme New Member

I have the same problem with 2.0. None of the key combinations work and none of the programs, like ibrickr or iliberty, will recognize the iPhone/Touch. A real drag. You've got to wonder how long it'll be until those programs are updated to deal with 2.0
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I never did get out of recovery mode. However, the sting of restoring was eased a bit by the "restore from backup" option. All settings, contacts, bookmarks, etc. were saved. Just had to resync music, apps and photos.