Ki$$ My Custom FW-Internal iPod Software Doomed

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by BadKarma, Aug 2, 2008.

1. BadKarma

BadKarma Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    Okay So here's the deal

Please Register or Log in to view images

. (I SPENT A MOTHERTRUCKIN 5 HOURS) So today I woke up; 5 AM US East. I go into iTunes Connect my iPod. I go into Cydia Install Some apps, (Winterboard). Okay I reboot My iPod, Wallpaper working PERFECTLY. I begin Having Trouble with My apps. I click RESTORE IN iTunes. It Restores. When I go to SSH in I ACCIDENTALLY deleted the Mobile installation Framework. Luckily It was backed up. I drag and drop the File into iPhone Browser. I go into iTunes Try to Sync my Apps. They DON'T SYNC. So I click restore in iTunes ,BUT with the OFFICIAL NON-JAILBROKEN iPod Software. It DOESN'T RESTORE. I am in Recovery mode currently. But Something Weird happens with my iPod When Ever I try to restore, it "Ejects" it Self, or Something like That. I can't Restore. Then I downgraded to iTunes 7.5. Restored to 1.1.4. No Prob. Firmware was Fully Up and Running. I upgrade back to iTunes 7.7.1. I want to restore to 2.0 Official, but the iPOd keeps "Self Ejecting" itself. So LUCKILY I make it on the OFficial 2.0. Now I want go on Custom Firmware. I do The WInPwn Method. iTunes is Pwned. I TRY TO RESTORE but Now I can't Go in DFU or anything. My iPod just keeps Restarting itself NONSTOP. I downgrade to iTunes 7.5 NO juice going to 1.1.4 (Can't go in DFU). Try Upgrading back to 2.0 No Juice iPod "Self Ejecting itself"

NOW CURRENTLY I am on 2.0 Official LUCKILY.
    I can't go in DFU or Recovery. Or The iPod Restarts Neverendingly. HELP SERIOUSLY. I really want to Jailbreak back on 2.0.

Is The Self Ejecting My computers fault? (Windows Vista Home)
    or my iPods?

Help is appreciated. I helped you guys, Can you help me out?
  2. Fehr

Fehr New Member

I doubt I can help you more than what you just listed in your post, since you've already tried all the basic things that all the new people miss...

Try reinstalling iTunes completely. (like uninstall -> reinstall). Or... try waiting for the new WinPwn... which, back when 2.0.0.3 was released, is supposed to have a DFU wizard...

I don't know.. Sorry T-T.
  3. BadKarma

BadKarma Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    I reinstalled 6 times today.
  4. 78PoseA

78PoseA New Member

Give up, seriously. I just the beta firmware that was waiting for me.
  5. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    My computer self-ejects my ipod whenever its in restore or DFU mode and I have to use a different computer to do anything with my firmware, so it might be your computer on that front
  6. bastz

bastz New Member

I have a mobileinstalltions folder backup if you wanna try it :S How'd you manage to delete it though?
  7. BadKarma

BadKarma Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    I have a back up too. I deleted it through SSH Accidentally
  8. juone95

juone95 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Hey dude if your ipod is ejects when trying to DFu or something than try this :
    1. Log in using an ADMINISTRATIVE account
    2. Verify you have the following files usbaapl.cat, usbaapl.inf & usbaapl.sys in the following directory "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers"
    3. Single left click on START
    4. Single left click on RUN
    5. Type in " devmgmt.msc " then hit Enter (Don't type in the quotes)
    6. Look for Imaging in the Device Manager window, and click on plus sign (In Vista you may not see the "Imaging" option. Look under "Portable Devices" as an alternative)
    7. Now you should see " Apple iPod " as a device underneath Imaging (or Portable Devices)
    8. Right click on " Apple iPod " then single left click on Properties
    9. Single left click on the " Driver " tab
    10. Single left click on " Update driver "
    11. Select " Install from a list or specific location "
    12. Single left click on " Include this location in the search "
    13. Paste " C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers " (Don't type in the quotes) into the box below " Include this location in the
    search "
    14. Single left click next and keep clicking through until " Apple iPod USB Driver " is detected.
    15. Start up iTunes, and see if you iPod is detected again.

Hope this helps you a bit

9. BadKarma

BadKarma Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok Thanks. One Problem Solved Now I need to get on Custom Firmware.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    BUT I STILL can't get into DFU OR Recovery Mode. So that means I might have to kiss Jailbreaking Goodbye.
  10. juone95

juone95 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)

OMG NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!