Keys freeze when entering source!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Installer.app' started by Nickr1313, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Nickr1313

Nickr1313 New Member

HELP!! Sometimes when im entering a source into installer, the key freezes when im hitting a key and the key just sticks there and i cant do anything so i have to restart the entire ipod AND THAT MAKES ME ANGRY!!! Can someone please help me, thx
  2. jerryfan23

jerryfan23 Banned

same thing happens to me! so damn annoying. if anyone know how to fix this please help
  3. dkevin961

dkevin961 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    This happened to me as well, I just had to make sure that after I installed the BSD Subsystem I gave my touch a hard restart and things usually went smooth from there.
  4. JonSingh12

JonSingh12 New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    that sometimes can be due to the application running laggishly either using too much memory or cpu power. I'd say a hard reboot would do best, to be safe do a hold down home and power until it resets unlike a hol down power and swipe to power off. It seems to allow a full reload of everything into ram and it should go smooth from there on.
  5. Jabare

Jabare New Member

I've done that already but I still can't type anything
    doesn't matter if it is a source or a web-address, anything I have to type lags a lot, making the iPod freeze, making the only way to get out of the freeze to hold sleep + home to reset it
    anyone has a solution? or will I have to do it all again?

also it takes a LOT to load everything when starting up!
    Like 3-5 minutes, when it usually took max 1 min
  6. mmmbutterchicken

mmmbutterchicken New Member

DUDE same sh*t with me every thing that has a keyboard freezes on the 1st or 3rd letter. I just went back to 1.1.3 non jailbroken and im gonna stay there untill there is a 99% no glitchy jailbreak.
  7. Nickr1313

Nickr1313 New Member

K, i fixed mine, now my ipod has no glitches, i installed the 1.1.3 upgrader from installer and clicked no when it asked me to restore, make sure your on a JB 1.1.2.Hope this helps
  8. nilz123

nilz123 New Member

im on a 1.1.4 and i have a lot of apps so i dont want to downgrade but i am having the same problem with it freezing. does anyone know how to stop this freezing or have any type of solution?
  9. 610925

610925 New Member

im having this problem also,execpt the keys in instaler dont work.
    i can click on anything

edit:sorry for the necro
  10. jjj651

jjj651 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I am on 1.1.4. and I noticed that problem in the beginning. You have to rejailbreak to 1.1.4 using Ziphone (thats what I used). Then you go into installer and install the installer update. Then go to contacts and type random stuff for like a minute and after that your keyboard should be fine. I dont know if it works for 1.1.3 though