keypad artwork

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by will1018, Oct 21, 2007.

1. will1018

will1018 New Member

i was lookin thru the costumization.app and one of the things that you can change is keypad artwork and that sounds really cool but i cant find any different ones can some one find 1 or make 1 if possible cuz that could look so cool
  2. ben471

ben471 New Member

I also noticed this and if anybody has created one I would like to see. How would you go about making one of these? If someone has any info I could give it a try if it isn't way over my head.
  3. Havoc443

Havoc443 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Don't take what I say as knowledge cause I have very little know-how when it comes to this but would it not be the same as editing different images on the touch? FTP into it and find the keyboard image, edit it in photoshop to whatever colour or style (as long as it remains the same size and button layout) and then replace...again im just going off what I see in other threads but should this not work? If anyone knows, please let me know...
  4. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Keep in mind that there are most likely two keyboard images: landscape as well as portrait.
  5. audirtbiker

audirtbiker New Member

hey i like this idea.... well ive been putting off installing customize but i guess im going to do it now....
  6. Tanooki

Tanooki Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    There is currently different keypad artworks. However they were made for the old firmware and not 1.1.1, since then the file type has been changed by apple and there is no dev tool to make one for it.
  7. Delta420

Delta420 New Member

I have to agree with the above thread. The actuall artwork files for the keyboard are more complex then you may thinl. Over 20 different.png's Each one for all the letters, numbers and symbold because when u click em they zoom in. Regardless, i went thru a precess here: http://modmyiphone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6529&highlight=keyboard artwork in the skinnig the keyboard.... this was fun thread. Nothing worked asides from my keyboard was messing up. If u attempt be sure to save your original keyboard artwork.
  8. Razputin

Razputin New Member

well if there was only one image for the keyboard, not for every single letter as Delta420 stated, the iPod could just have resized the Keyboard to put it in landscape mode
  9. Delta420

Delta420 New Member

Im still trying to figure this thing out but the artwork file is HUGE. I think it was designed for 1.0.2 iphone. Who knows maybe i can come up with something.

Ill keep posting.
  10. Tanooki

Tanooki Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The artwork files are approximately 13 megs. There's most likely pics for all the keys in landscape and portrait as well as the general layout.