Keyboard glitching out - XP

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by Yerffej, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Yerffej

Yerffej New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I decided to fire up my old desktop compy recently, and its running Windows XP. It seemed to work perfectly fine, until I tried using the keyboard.

The keyboard I used worked perfectly fine on this computer now, and I also tried the built in on-screen keyboard, and it's producing the same result.

What seems to be happening is like I'm holding the CTRL button, causing it to use the hot key commands(e.g. CTRL+C=copy, CTRL+A=select all, etc.) but I'm not holding CTRL. I made sure that both keys were not jammed, and I tried the on screen keyboard with the actual one unplugged, and it is doing the same thing.

Has anyone had this happen to them before? Anyone know how to fix it?
  2. randomdude1234

randomdude1234 Member

there comes a point when a keyboards brain melts and its time to get a new one. no single one lasts forever.
  3. Yerffej

Yerffej New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    But the thing is, its still glitching out with the on screen keyboard built in the computer thats operated by the mouse. I guess I can try another keyboard when I have the time, but I'm not sure if the keyboard is the problem.
  4. randomdude1234

randomdude1234 Member

well i believe the real keyboard MAY also activate the on screen one
  5. Tarthen

Tarthen New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Unplug the main keyboard and try the mouse one.

Otherwise, make sure StickyKeys isn't on.