Keyboard freezing solution

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by vcjc23, Feb 3, 2008.

1. vcjc23

vcjc23 New Member

I recently had this same problem and since no one knew how to fix it, I began trying new things. I finally did it. The problem is that I didnt do anything special. I restored to 1.1.1. I then jailbroke through jailbreakme.com. I made sure to update installer if there was an update. I then installed oktoprep and updated to 1.1.2. Then I ran the jailbreak.jar(im on a mac). So now I was at a jailbroken 1.1.2. I updated installer. I installed services as well as bsd subsystem. I turned off autolock. Then I installed the dev team 1.1.3 soft upgrade. This took quite awhile and when it was done it was stuck at the recovery mode itunes screen. I went ahead and unplugged and plugged it back in and the recovery screen went away and I was at a 1.1.3 jailbroken screen. I do not know if any of this information will help, but hopefully it will. If you have any questions on what I did let me know and I will answer as best I can.
  2. ledhendrixman

ledhendrixman Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    What is this services app? thanks for posting this im trying it.

EDIT. found it
  3. x6blues

x6blues New Member

when my keyboard froze, i was using the upgrade off of installer. i tried it twice becuase i was surprised, still had the same results. i no others hav used it and it worked beautifully so dont flame me for wut i experienced, lol. so i restored to 1.1.1 and did all that. instead of using the one off of installer i just used the one on another thread, ran the jailbreak file on my desktop, now i hav had no problems that i couldnt resolve on my own. so just my 2 cents
  4. ledhendrixman

ledhendrixman Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    ok if you want your keyboad to work follow everything he said. it works great for me now. thanks