Keeps rebooting after removing app

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kewlie, Apr 27, 2008.

1. kewlie

kewlie New Member

Among recent applications to install, I found a typing application. Don't remember the exact name of it (??type) , but it was asian and made it possible to write like on a palm pilot.
    Unfortunately it did not support accented characters, not even on the keyboard, so I uninstalled it.

After that, my ipod keeps rebooting every few minutes. The display only shows the apple logo and the ipod can't be switched off. I can connect with ssh, but not for long at a time. I try to make a backup, but that will be very time consuming, reconnecting over and over and resume copying.

What has happened to it. I would rather not start over from scratch and loose everything.

t.
  2. macfanboy

macfanboy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    u mean the handwriting recognition one...ya that screws up the ipod when u uninstall....THAT IS WHY THEY SAID BACK UP!!!!!!! well unless someone gives u a backup( which im not sure u can get)..u will hav to re-jailbreak...mayb u can try pwning ur device!!
  3. kewlie

kewlie New Member

Thanks. That was helpful. Now, before I destroy everything, I would like to make a backup, and would like to know how I can prevent my ipod from rebooting over and over.

It's unix, but I see no inittab/initscripts where I can disable loading of the process that crashes (springboard?) and make it return success, to prevent the automatic reboots. How is that done on the ipod?