Keeping track of songs in podcasts

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by synick, Nov 5, 2008.

1. synick

synick New Member

Hey Guys,

I just got an iPod Touch Gen2, I have sadly accepted the fact that jailbreak is currently unavailable for my iPod and have been looking around for something to solve this problem.

One of the main reasons why I bought the iPod was to listen to music, more to the point I like listening to podcasts. As a DJ I need to keep up with the latest music. Traditionally I was listening to podcasts just using iTunes at my desk and if a song came up that I liked I would note it down and purchase it on beatport.com

I would like to do something similar to this on the iPod but havent been able to work out a method as yet. I understand that because apple affiliate with iTunes they wont provide a method of purchasing tracks. Is there any was that I could note down the tracks of a podcast? I could use the notepad application provided, but it is a bit cumbersome.

If there is nothing available with using a non-jailbroken iPod, is there anything available for me when jailbreak is released for Gen2 iPods?

Any help is greatly appreciated...
  2. zephyrnok

zephyrnok Member

MewSeek when Jailbreak is available.

Nothing off the top of my head from AppStore, as its against regulations.
  3. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    When firmware 2.2 comes out, you'll be able to do that on your device itself. Before that, you could probably bookmark the RSS Feed and listen to the music in the Safari browser or in a Free RSS App (I suggest NetNewsWire) if they're streamed in a format that the device can play. I'm assuming it can because its an RSS feed that you can subscribe to in iTunes.
  4. sdschramm

sdschramm Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You could use the "stars" to "rate" your music and when you hear a good song, give it 5 stars. Then setup a smart playlist in iTunes that automatically adds all recent songs that are marked with 5 stars and then the next time you sync, it should put all of those songs in the playlist. From there, you could go about buying them once you know what they are and they are all in one place.