Keeping Correct Aspect Ratio

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Mardon, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Mardon

Mardon New Member

I have converted some movies and TV shows to mp4 files to view on my iPod touch 2G. I've done the conversion using Cucusoft's iPhone Video Converter Suite. The converted files all appear fine and play at the correct aspect ratios in iTunes v8.0.2.20. When I sync the files to my Touch 2G using iTunes SOME of the files are automatically cropped on the Touch so that the ends of the image are cut off and the remaining images fully fill the screen. Other files play at the correct aspect ratio on the Touch, as they all do when played in iTunes. In that case, I get the normal black bars at the top and bottom of the screen and the image itself is displayed at the correct aspect ratio. That is what I want. Does anyone have any idea why some of the files get the ends cropped off and play full screen on the Touch even though they play at the correct aspect ratio in iTunes. This problem is driving me crazy. I want to always see all of the original image, at the correct aspect ratio, with black bars displayed as necessary to preserve the aspect ratio. Any ideas?
  2. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Have you double-tapped the screen while a movie's playing to see if it's just zoomed in?
  3. Ipwnnubletz

Ipwnnubletz Banned

That depends. What's the source of the Movies/TV Shows? Also, this might be a stupid answer, but did you zoom in on the video when you're watching it? That might cause it to cut off the sides. Double tap the screen to zoom in/out. Maybe it's just the source if you use Biting *******ital data. *wink wink*
  4. Mardon

Mardon New Member

That was it! I'm an iPod Newbie and didn't know about the double tap resize 'trick' for movies. Many thanks!

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. Ohfoohy

Ohfoohy Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Lol, see simple answers can help!
  6. jlgm25

jlgm25 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    wow. im just like wow.