Keep Icons but get rid of back round and lockscreen?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Mes1ah44, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Mes1ah44

Mes1ah44 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Alright I just installed a new theme, called Icomplete, I really like the icons that came with it. But what I want to do is use a different backround and a different lockscreen with a different slider. Bottom line, I want to keep the icons and nothing else from icomplete. How would I go about doing this?
  2. Utzz

Utzz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    What you want is easily attainable. Here's the jist of it:

Use iFunBox/WinSCP/etc to grab the iComplete theme folder from: var/stash/Themes.xxxxxx (where .xxxxxx is a random number specific to your iPod) and save it to your desktop. Make a new folder called Mes1ah44.theme and have it on your desktop too. Copy the Icons folder inside the iComplete theme folder into your new Mes1ah44.theme folder. Then copy your new folder back to var/stash/Themes.xxxxxx. Reboot your iPod. Open WinterBoard, find your theme, drag it to the top, enable it and exit WinterBoard.

As for the backgrounds, that is what the option "User Background" and "User Lock Background" are for in WinterBoard.

As for the slider, same concept as the Icons. Just copy over the folder/files that are associated with the slider you want, into your new theme folder.

Search "WinterBoard" and read the FAQ for more interesting things you can do with it.
  3. Mes1ah44

Mes1ah44 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ty very much you've been a ton of help