Keep getting error (5)

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by Medicc, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Medicc

Medicc New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So I've been trying all day to restore to 1.1.3 because when I used ziPhone method to upgrade to 1.1.4, it gave me 'BSD root md0 major 2' blablah error. So when I try to restore, it just says that the iPod could not be restored. I managed to restore to 1.1.1 but not to 1.1.3. I am in recovery mode, not DFU, so if that has anything to do with it please do tell me. And if anyone knows the fix for this at all please do help

Please Register or Log in to view images

At least guide me in the right direction since I'm not familiarized with all the new Jailbreak methods. So right now I am on 1.1.1 not jailbroken. GUide me in the right direction now please

HELPPP
  2. Redshift

Redshift New Member

Try putting it into DFU mode and restore it to whatever firmware you need.
  3. Medicc

Medicc New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I did. I put it into DFU mode and tried to shift-restore to 1.1.4, but it just gave me the same error. I've restored like 12 times today and kept trying many ways. Still no success. In some forum I read that a person took like 16 times to restore and reupgrade until it finally worked. I'm getting tired lol..

Also is 1.1.3 a stable FW to be in and has it changed at all from 1.1.2?
  4. Redshift

Redshift New Member

Maybe if you downgraded iTunes to like, 7.5 or something. I'm not entirely sure what to do in this situation, because it hasn't happened to me.
  5. chort27

chort27 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    This is why the forum has a search button. Here is a post i just made yesterday:

I had this error, and so I know how to fix it. But you MUST be using iTunes 7.6. NOT 7.5 or any older version.

Open iTunes
    Plug in iPod (it is most likely in recovery mode right now, it doesn't matter if it is or isn't).
    Watch your iPod in the side bar and hold Home and Sleep.
    AS SOON as your iPod disapears from the iTunes Sidebar, release sleep button (power button) and keep holding home button UNTIL it reappears in iTunes.
    Now shift click (option click on macs) "restore" and select the 1.1.1 firmware you downloaded.
    It will work. It's all about getting into DFU mode NOT recovery mode. If you do it just the way I described it will work. Otherwise I will buy your iPod from you for $200.
  6. Redshift

Redshift New Member

I should have told him to do that right off that bat, I was assuming he was using that method.
  7. Medicc

Medicc New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Oh there lies the problem. I'm pretty sure I have 7.5 what a dunce

Thanks chort and redshift for the help
  8. chort27

chort27 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    no problem. Let me know if it works.