Keep Getting Error -2005 When I try to Downgrade! NEED HELP!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by simply_muzik, Apr 6, 2009.

1. simply_muzik

simply_muzik New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Okay, I have a first gen ipod touch, and I was running 3.0 beta 2, but I decided I want to downgrade. So I put my iPod into DFU mode, that worked fine. But when i try to resotre my ipod though iTunes, I get error -2005 about 30 seconds into the restore. I've tried restoring to 3.0, 2.2, and 2.1, and I always get the same error! Can someone please help me with this. Im using a mac right now, so could that be the problem? Please post something! I really need help!

EDIT: Tried changing USB ports, and now i get error code (2) when I try to restore! Please help me!
  2. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

reboot your computer, then try restoring to 2.2.1. make sure you Shift + Restore if you have the FW.
  3. simply_muzik

simply_muzik New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    okay, thanks I got it too work!!!! I just kept trying and trying, and eventually, I go the connect to itunes screen with the purple background, and I just clicked restore and everything worked perfectly! Thanks. Im so happy to be back on 2.2.1, so much more stable! And YouTube actually works! YAY!

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. sdschramm

sdschramm Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    purple? How did you do that?
  5. simply_muzik

simply_muzik New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The background is purple when you use 3.0. But it's only purple sometimes, I don't know why

Please Register or Log in to view images