Keep all apps (including saves a such) when upgrading to 2.2

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by zpeakerz, Nov 27, 2008.

1. zpeakerz

zpeakerz New Member

Hello.

Well first of all thanks to all the 225 or so people who viewed my last post, and thanks to the one person who actually responded (though I didn't get the answer I was looking for).

I've just upgraded my iPod Touch 1'st Gen to 2.2 (from 2.1). I was a little jumpy, 'cause I had seen alot of posts and topics about loosing your apps (jailbroken) when upgrading.

I just wanted to let you know, that I upgraded to 2.2, and NOTHING changed (well the new upgrade in the 2.2 firmware did make som changes, but nothing else). I still have the springboard (or summerboard og winterboard of whatever it's called) whit all my apps in the same order as before. I still have my saves, I still have my iDoodles Gallery and saved images, and best of all I still have all my apps! Jailbroken or not.

Maybe I've been mistaken and all the posts I've seen said the same thing, but to all who's wondering about your apps, NOTHING will happen to them...

Well... Nothing happend to mine

Please Register or Log in to view images

Please don't mind the bad gramma and such, I'm not from USA.

EDIT: Just saw this:
    My answer:
    No you can keep all you apps and saves. Just update you device through iTunes (when done your apps WONT work), then jailbreak using Quickpwn (then your apps will work once again). No problems

2. dashwood03

dashwood03 New Member

If your device is not jailbroken. obviously you will not lose the apps. and the saved files.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. zpeakerz

zpeakerz New Member

My device was jailbroken from just after i bought it. That means that when i had 2.0, 2.1 and now 2.2 It was jailbroken! Used quickpwn

Why would I be nervous about loosing jailbroken apps if my iPod wasn't jailbroken..?
  4. Tommy313

Tommy313 New Member

this happened for me too
    i just thought i was lucky haha