Kate is very dangerous

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Masky64, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Masky64

Masky64 New Member

2. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If you read it properly they state that to overcome the problem he has to 'enter his serial number' OR 'activate the trial version via Settings...'.

So they aren't telling him he has to buy it, they're just telling him how to fix his problem. Good developer tech support if you ask me...

RipDev have lost all their old credibility but there's no need for a witch hunt. At one time they supplied every f/w 1.* jailbroken device with Installer! How quickly we forget...
  3. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Wrong, Rip Dev provided us with Installer 4, that's it. And it sucked. Nullriver created and made Installer 1 through 3, then sold it to Rip Dev, who ruined it.
  4. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

The only thing RipDev supplied everyone with was Kate for 1.1.x, and i2reader - both of which cost $35... and whose functions (skinning the springboard, 5 icon dock, book reader based on the Books.app code) could be done by free applications (FreeBoard, ruBooks, etc). As stated by someone else, the previous Installer (which worked flawlessly) was NullRiver software's baby, until they sold the code to RipDev. Notice that the pattern of paying for something which other people do better, and for free, continued with their 2.0 applications.
  5. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Sorry you are right. I forgot Nullriver were the coders and RiP Dev was the corporate nightmare that turned Installer wine into vinegar. RiP Dev you suck

Please Register or Log in to view images

Though the original posters point is still wrong, it's probably the kind of thing RiP Dev would do.
  6. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Kate sucked when it was first released anyway :/
  7. iPhoneFTW

iPhoneFTW New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    So whos fault is it? I would have to say on Installers behalf that Nullriver ruined it for everyone
  8. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

That's like saying that, because I sold a product to someone else who screwed it up, I'm responsible for some else's f***ups even though I had nothing to do with the product after I sold the NAME to them (Rip.dev didn't even keep the code for Instalelr 3, but started from scratch with a new codebase).