Kate 2.1 and 5 icons - DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT! (read)

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by sdschramm, Mar 3, 2009.

1. sdschramm

sdschramm Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    DO NOT INSTALL KATE!!!

I installed it out of curiosity (I wanted to try the graphic EQ) and installed it and it worked. I then wanted to see if they fixed the 5 icon problems (before, the icons would end up scrambled after every respring) So I installed the 5 icon right after kate to see if they would play nice together now. WARNING - DO NOT DO THAT!! It then wanted me to restart the spingborad - so I did so, and when I did I got the spinning wheel - for a long time. Finaly after about 10 mins it shut it self off! It then restarted and I was presented with the SWOD!!! I should have know!

Thankfully SSH and WiFi were both on, so I CAN SSH in. Does anyone know where the 5 icon files are so I can remove then? maybe if I ssh them out and restart, I can atleast get it to boot. I just want to save anything that is not synced (like notes) and then i'll be good for a restore.

Just wanted to warn you all! I'm sure you'll get the same thing if you already have the 5 icon installed and then you install kate on top of that. Either way, you will probably get SWOD'ed.

Any ideas?
  2. cacman93

cacman93 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    terminal in, and try
    SU

apt-get remove kate

blah blah blah
  3. mcdavid68

mcdavid68 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    search for SWOD and theres some threads about how to get rid of SWOD u just replace one of the files in the ipod and it should be fine, kate fails

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. eric780

eric780 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    what's a SWOD?
    something of death i'm guessing..
  5. atomicmufin

atomicmufin Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    spinning wheel of death.
  6. sdschramm

sdschramm Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hey, I did some googleing and found the solutions that re supposed to fix this problem. It envloves replacing a system file in the springbaord.app folder with one that is working. Once the file is replaced, the iPod is said to reboot correctly! I tired it with 2 different files, but it still does not work. That is because (i'm guessing) the people that posted those solutions and files are from over year ago. That means, from the 1.1.x days and now that I'm running 2.x i'm guessing the files are now difference.

So I was wondering, could anyone SSH into their iPod, locate this file and upload it for me so I can replace mine? That would be great if you could!!!

The file is called: n45ap.plist
    It is located at: /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Not only will you be helping me, but also anyone else that may search in the future with the same problem!
    -Scott
  7. Sam has jailbroken 2g

Sam has jailbroken 2g New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Kate is a fail. my sb kept crashing and kate didn't do anything useful. stupid, out of date RIP dev app. And my sb icons kept changing place.
  8. Gamma

Gamma Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yay bump!