Kalyway Leopard w/ 256MB of RAM??

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by theiThemer, Mar 3, 2010.

1. theiThemer

theiThemer Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I have two computers.

One is a Dell Inspiron w/ maxed out 8GB RAM, and tons of physical modifications; installed w/ Dual Boot Windows XP and Leopard via hackintosh, and I am happy with this.

The other is a Macbook Pro installed w/ Snow Leopard w/ Dual Boot of that tiny 4GB Windows XP operating system that I can't remember the name of, which is just there just in case.

However, this isnt my problem.
    The problem is with a friends computer whom I'm trying to hook up.

He only has 256MB of RAM, and its a fairly old Compaq Presario V4000 laptop. I've installed Kalyway Leopard disks on computers in the past, but never with 256MB of ram...

Will it go through with installation, and even if it does, will it be good on performance?

On an unrelated note:
    Kalyway.... or hackintosh? Which do you prefer, and why?
  2. rafarquhar

rafarquhar New Member

If it's really old the components may not be compatible in the first place. Also, it's going to be really slow.

I have used Kalyway on two computers - a bucket of parts I threw together (Pentium 4 HT 3ghz, 512 mb RAM) and a Thinkpad T42 (1.8 ghz Pentium M, 1 gb RAM). It ran decent on both, but has since been removed from the T42 because none of the guides to get wireless working seem to work for me.

It's probably not worth it.