JVC Marshmallow

Discussion in 'Audiophiles: Headphones, Earphones, etc.' started by imranh101, Oct 30, 2009.

1. imranh101

imranh101 Active Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Hey guys! This is my second headphone review (I almost forgot I made one before) and I know I'm not the best at it, but I'm so amazed by these 'buds that I just had to post. Comment on my formatting and stuff, so I can do better next time

Please Register or Log in to view images

Introduction

These headphones are the JVC Marshmallows. They are sold online and in Walmart, Bestbuy, and some other stores. They are average around $20, but for some reason I got lucky and the exact week I needed em walmart had them for $19. And of course you can get cheaper on line, but for first time buying I buy local so that I can return. They are the "in-ear" type.

The Looks

These headphones are pretty smooth looking. They also come in a wide range of colors (9 to be exact)

Image from igadgety.com

They are very pleasing to the eye. I personally chose the yellow because my ipod has a black rebel touch, and my school colors are yellow and black.
    They are nice and light, too! I don't know what else to say here...

The Sound

- Possibly the most important section... I'll start by saying these are quite literally the best sounding earphones I've ever heard.
    - They have good highs, good mids, and amazing bass. I was surprised.
    I don't know if anyone knows the song, but the 'buds were able to pump out the bass of "A Milli" with NO noise (cracking, or "shaking" what ever you want to call it when your speakers can't put out enough bass

)
    - They have nice and clear guitar, and drums all together sound good. You can "hear" the "impact" of the drums being hit, if you know what i mean - you can hear that "punch".
    - They are also very sound canceling. I can't hear my keys when I type (except the occasion spacebar hit, but even then it's quiet).

Other Things to Note

A couple of things you should know about these 'buds before you buy them...
    ~ The plug fits perfectly in my Rebel Touch with no adapter, a plus. They are also "iPhone Compatible" (Unless the packaging lies

) Also just to note they are a straight plug, like original apple 'phones. I like this!
    ~ The cord is around a yard (one meter) long. The cord is the roughly the same color as the actual in-ear piece.
    ~ The in ear piece is memory foam. This is nice because you can roll them in your fingers, then put them in your ears and they "expand" in your ears to make them a really nice fit. This also means that if your crafty enough you can make your own plugs.
    ~ They come with two sets of plugs, each a different size. I have average sized ears, and the small ones fit well. My dad has large ears and needed the larger pieces. However, these are not that big so if you have really big ears you may want to buy local first (which I would recommend anyway) so that if they don't fit there is not hassle returning them.
    ~ Lastly, I just want to say I really like them and would recommend them to anyone. I hope you liked my review, and go ahead and leave comments on the phones and my review. Feel free to leave questions and I'll try to answer them

Thanks for reading!

2. EBOBO

EBOBO New Member

Should be noted that they also come with silicone (i think) ear tips.
  3. imranh101

imranh101 Active Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    No, they do not but thanks for reading

4. EBOBO

EBOBO New Member

Mine did...

One more thing, are these the FX33 or 34 model you reviewed?
  5. imranh101

imranh101 Active Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
  6. chevro1et

chevro1et New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Had a set of these a couple years ago... they weren't too bad at all.