JVC Marshmallow :S

Discussion in 'Audiophiles: Headphones, Earphones, etc.' started by i aM x Legend, Jun 2, 2010.

1. i aM x Legend

i aM x Legend New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I am looking to buy some new earphones for my iPod touch.
    simply because i fancy a change/improvement from the standard apple ones, i was looking at the JVC Marhmallows and the JVC air cushions. But i've heard mixed reviews on both and was wondering from anyone who has tried either or both of these headphones for their opinions.

Thanks
    -Will
  2. Vhax

Vhax Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I currently have JVC Air Cushions, and I'm gonna tell you that they are pretty good earphones for the price.
    Good bass.
    I love them.
  3. i aM x Legend

i aM x Legend New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I've read somewere about them having to 'break in'? what does this mean?

And are the Air Cushions worth it?
  4. MarkWhittle

MarkWhittle New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i highly do NOT recommend the JVC Marshmallow earphones!!!
    if you want some great noise isolating (not cancelling) earphones for VERY good value for money then but some Sennheiser CX-300, CX-400 or CX-500 from Amazon. it is important that you do buy them from amazon and not in store because you literally save over half the price. i bought some CX-300s in store for £30, i then found out you can get them off amazon for about £13!!!
    whats better is that you can get the CX-500 model for around £20 off amazon compared to £70 in store! look at it this way, its £10 less for something that is 2 CX-*00 models up!
    Note: make sure you buy the real ones! there are lots of fake on amazon and it can be easily mistaken. google images for the real models and select the ones from amazon with the same image. if you need to know more about how to identify fakes please message me

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. gunzmaiet

gunzmaiet New Member

break in is like new shoes, use them a little before their comfy (sounds better after some burn-in)
  6. APV

APV Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    That's actually what you shouldn't do. The picture tells you nothing.

Only buy from Amazon with Amazon as the seller and shipper itself. Don't buy from a shady 3rd party if you are truly looking for a real pair. Who cares if it's a few bucks more, you are guaranteed a new REAL pair.
  7. i aM x Legend

i aM x Legend New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well, I went for the Marshmallows, and I think they're good, i get a decent seal with them.
    They were only cheap as i didn't have much money left in my PayPal account so i bought 'em.
    I probably might end up upgrading to some Sennheiser's but i also like the look of the Dr.Dre IEM's
    Thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

------------------double post merged------------------
    So basically your ears just getting used to them??? It isn't to do with the actual headphones ?