Jvc Kd-pdr50

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Kh3ldar, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Kh3ldar

Kh3ldar New Member

Man are JVC support next to useless!

I bought the aforementioned car head unit a couple of months ago for use with my 1st gen 4G Nano, worked like a charm.

Needless to say I plugged my new 16GB Touch into it yesterday, and got nothing. Head unit just flashes on "CHECK" every few times I plug it in. Some times nothing happens at all!

I appreciate that the PDR30 doesn't work either, that was posted in the compatibility thread. The question I ask really is where does the problem lie. Is it in the port / cable in which case I need to hassle JVC to make a new one, is it firmware for the head unit, or is it SW based on the iPod?

Any thoughts or efforts getting this working would be appreciated.

On a side note, loving my jailbroken iPod

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. bapettit

bapettit New Member

JVC... I'm disappointed

Same result... I emailed JVC and they said since it was designed after their product that it would not work
  3. gyix

gyix New Member

look all i know is it is not jvc it is apple they need to make afirmwware to work with that head unit mine do not work ether so if you fint a way to hack it or somthing please post it here
  4. jestronix

jestronix New Member

I have had the same problem. COME ON APPLE THIS ISNT GOOD ENOUGH!!!!!. But I must ask why are the JVC units having problems and not others. ? i suspect JVC didnt follow apples standard correctly. Maybe they didnt include all possible access methods that apple may have asked for.

Either way this is a big stuff up from two big companies. Im more sh*tty with JVC though as I jumped in a mates car today and used his older Kenwood unit, bam worked a treat.
  5. swarles_barkley

swarles_barkley New Member

I have a similar JVC head unit (KD-HDR1). Had the same problem with it not being able to interface with my iPod Touch. A partial solution is to go into the setup menus for the unit and change the source for the Ext-In input from "Changer" to "EXT-IN". (Check your manual for exactly where this setting is in the menus.) I found that if I did this, I can play and charge the iPod through the head unit, but you have to use the iPod controls rather than the controls on the head unit. But at least you can get it to play and charge and it sounds great.

I just updated my iPod Touch to the latest software release as well (1.1.5). Going to see if that makes any difference with being able to use the head unit to control the iPod directly. Update: 1.1.5 made no difference. Changing the ext-in source and using the iPod controls still appears to be the only viable option.

Good luck!
  6. RenegadeKrogan

RenegadeKrogan Banned

I hate JVC. I honestly like Apple...hahaha
  7. RadicalxEdward

RadicalxEdward New Member

I'm gonna have to look for that ext-in setting. Hopefully the kd-pdr50 has it.
  8. jailwut wunnow

jailwut wunnow New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    swarles_barkley does your touch still charge?

I have the same radio KD-HDR1 and adapter KS-PD100 and it used to charge fine. A few weeks ago it stopped being charged. Almost everytime (like 9 out of 10) I connect it doesn't charge. It continues to play out (via EXT IN) fine. It just won't charge! I even bought a second controller and it's the same. This happened before the 2.0 software so it's not that. I was on 1.1.3 the whole time when it charged every time it was connected. And still on 1.1.3 whne it stopped charging regularly.

BTW, I prefer the EXT-IN cause the touch interface is so fun to use and with the 2.0 update when listening to a mix-playlist in coveflow, the album covers update with each song. It's really something to see it flow from one to the other!
  9. RadicalxEdward

RadicalxEdward New Member

Looks like i'm SOL since the JVC KD-PDR50 doesn't support EXT-IN ( i guess it doesn't have changer support at all.)

I just picked up like a 1 ft mini-jack to mini-jack cable.
  10. swarles_barkley

swarles_barkley New Member

Mine still charges, have not noticed any problems with that.