Just updated to 3.0 on my 1g and now cant unlock

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Relex, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Relex

Relex New Member

I just upgraded to 3.0 firmware on my 1g but after I synced my ipod, when I'm at the unlock screen I can no longer unlock it. The slider goes about a quarter way across he screen then goes back over. I can no longer unlock it from the lock screen or turn it off. I have no idea what to do now....
  2. MacPwn

MacPwn Banned

It's probably a hardware problem...
  3. Relex

Relex New Member

It worked fine before the firmware update. Is there a way to downgrade from 3.0?
  4. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

my issue is even worse. sometimes when i get a phone call, the slider doesnt work. but try restoring and see if that issue goes away.
  5. Relex

Relex New Member

I'm not sure how to restore and right now I don't have time to search around. A solution I thought of would be to jailbreak my ipod and setup so I only have to touch the screen to unlock it. I'll try a restore if I can get a link from someone.
  6. franky_402

franky_402 New Member

even after you jb you still need to initially slide to unlock to get to the homescreen to use cydia. and when you connect your ipod in itunes click on your device and click on restore and it will do the rest, if you had a backup from a previously jb then set it up as a new ipod and that might help
  7. Relex

Relex New Member

I have never jailbroken my ipod before so this will be my virgin run if I do it. I found out if I flick on the slider fast it eventually goes, makes it a pain while driving.