Just to make things clear about Ziphone and Jailbreaking!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by Winterboard, Feb 27, 2008.

?

Did Ziphone work for you on 1.1.4 (the 1.1.3 version) (if there are no bugs at all)

1. Yes with 8 gig

22 vote(s)
    44.0%
  2. No with 8 gig

4 vote(s)
    8.0%
  3. Yes with 16 gig

3 vote(s)
    6.0%
  4. No with 16 gig

18 vote(s)
    36.0%
  5. Yes with 32 gig (very lucky man!)

6 vote(s)
    12.0%
  6. No with 32 gig

2 vote(s)
    4.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Winterboard

Winterboard Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Ok guys i know we are all excited about the new firmware, jailbreaking it and the SDK but keep in mind that Ziphone is

1. Not for the right device
    2. Not firmware compatible

Those are two major points you have to condider using it! I know it works with 8 gigs and some 16 gigs but I can already see arriving titles like "Help me please, bricked my ipod!"
    or "I really need help please" or "getting strange error cant restore, help"

Please Register or Log in to view images

TO AVOID THIS FORUM FROM BEING A MESS PLEASE SEARCH IN THE 1.1.3 SECTION before you start filling this forum up with unnessesary threads! AND DONT JAILBREAK YET UNLESS YOU KNOW HOW TO RESTORE AT ANY POINT AND ARE READY TO TAKE RESPONSABILITY FOR IT, I REPEAT DONT F**CKING MESS UP THIS FORUM (caus i love it)

Wait 2-3 days so that Zibri can realease his new ziphone app then only use it on 8 gig devices and hope they won't get bricked OR wait for the official Zipod release

thanks for reading

Christopher, devoted ipodtouchfans member!

(If you agree with me push on the acle under my avatar and help my reputation, cheers man!)
    1 person likes this.
  2. swillard8

swillard8 New Member

It works for all except 16gb pre macworld touches.
  3. Winterboard

Winterboard Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    and 32gigs

That was actually what I said

read better.

Yes it works with 8 gigs but a lot of users are complaining about freezing and stuff. Just wait for next release
  4. I_am_Mad_like_This

I_am_Mad_like_This New Member

Wow. I'm quite amazed. Jailbreaking 1.1.3 gave me one problem, freezing. But when you jailbreak 1.1.4, Its so perfect.
  5. mynameisBEEKMAN

mynameisBEEKMAN Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ............why do people feel the need to post in this section, he SAME thing as the 1.1.3 section.......

THEY ARE EXACTLY THE SAME EXCEPT FOR A COUPLE BUG FIXES!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. grmiller

grmiller Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Works 100%

I have a iPod Touch 8GB with 1.1.4 and I jailbroke it with the Ziphone 2.4 Win.exe file. Works 100% Just restore to 1.1.4 and than restore mode than run the jailbreak part only and it works great. The only thing that doesn't work right now is Bosstool 0.35 (You can rearrange the Fonts and ringtones but the apps it does not do it). I don't know why. But besides that with just the fonts it give you 109mb. Thats all I need. Thanks again.