iOS 4.1 Just to confirm...

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by tinyman392, Sep 10, 2010.

1. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    I'm currently on the 4.0GM jailbroken. Old firmware, I know. My iPod has been acting weirdly lately, so I'm restoring it. My iPod is a second generation 8GB with the OLD BOOTROM. I'm 99% sure that if I upgrade to 4.1, I will be able to jailbreak it when the jailbreak is released (pwned forever). I just want to confirm this statement by someone other than myself.

I know I will lose my jailbreak, but I think it's good to be on official just in case this doesn't fix it, I'm going to the Apple store and having them take a look at it, if I'm out of warranty, new iPod 4G here I come!

Please Register or Log in to view images

But if someone could confirm this, it'd be great, I don't want to update and find that it can't be jailbroken (99% sure this is false).
  2. Andy ftw

Andy ftw Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yes the iPod Touch 8GB (old model, MB) is pwned forever so you can safely upgrade (as I have done!). Sure you won't have a jailbreak, but once one is released it will certainly be possible to jailbreak.

Likewise for the iPod Touch 4G, as an exploit has been discovered it seems certain that ALL devices are pwned for life (whether tethered or untethered, we aren't 100% sure yet). But yes you can upgrade to 4.1 on any iPod Touch safely knowning you'll be able to jailbreak for certain! It's just a matter of when

3. tinyman392

Device:
    iPhone 6
    OK thanks. As for the 4G's jailbreak, if it is a hardware exploit (BOOTROM), then it will be untethered. Otherwise, it will most likely be tethered.

Thanks for the confirmation.
  4. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Apparently, the bootrom exploit that p0sixninja found will be tethered.

source
  5. tinyman392

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Gosh darn it... Well, I'm still getting a 4G by year's end... Tethered is better than nothing.

6. b-mac 39

b-mac 39 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    You actually can jailbreak on 4.1 now by pointing redsn0w to the 4.0 firmware. It's very glitchy though.