Just to Confirm

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPod Touch™, Jul 10, 2010.

1. iPod Touch™

iPod Touch™ Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I have been reading all the hype over the iPhone 4 and its antenna issues. Just today I got my hands on one. I tried every single iPhone in the Apple store and they all have the issue. I do believe that this is a defect for all devices and not just a select few.
  2. APV

APV Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    People are blowing this out of proportion.

In order for me to recreate this on a friends iPhone 4, I need to hold it in the most retarded way possible. And it doesn't even drop the bars that much.

Plus, ever other phone in the world has a sweet spot that does this too.
  3. Akskater009

Akskater009 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Depends on your location/habits.

Mine drops to 1 bar if I don't pay attention to how I'm holding it.
  4. all_against_one

all_against_one New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    The only way my phone really looses reception is if I totally cover it up with both of my hands.. I heard though from a friend that they may be recalling the iPhone 4's because it is really a hardware problem..? Has anyone else heard of this?
  5. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I've only ever gotten it to drop two bars. And that was with both hands covering the entire left half of the phone.

Even in Panama City last week, where I had only a constant one bar in a hotel room, I never lost my signal even when holding it left-handed.

It doesn't seem to be an issue on my iPhone.
  6. all_against_one

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    It's really no issue in my area either.. Like I said the only I can gert it to drop bars down now is to do like I've posted above..
  7. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    It's a hardware problem, and for left-handers, it does lower signal, but the iPhone itself maynot display the loss of signal. It's weird. Just take a look at this cnet video.

As for blowing it out of proportion, I don't think it actually is. Every phone may have a sweet spot, but it normally ISN'T where people like to hold the phone. To be honest, I hold my phone and iPod exactly how it would lose signal (because of my left-handedism).

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19512_7-20009936-233.html?tag=smallCarouselArea.0
  8. Akskater009

Akskater009 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    *loses* Well, in my case, I just cassually hold the phone and my bars go down. =/
    Recall by Apple? They're probably going to release the iHand first, in my opinion.

Like I said above, just holding it in my left hand (my default holding position) and just like browsing the web without thinking about the issue will effect my signal and drop it 2-4 bars
  9. all_against_one

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    HAHAHA!!! That's great!!! XD I would love to see Jobs stand up there with a hispanic iHand.. XD
  10. Pandawg

Pandawg Community Development

It's a big issue for me. I hold it with my left hand, and I lose all my bars in about 2 minutes.