Just to clarify blackra1n

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Slusho64, Oct 11, 2009.

1. Slusho64

Slusho64 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Every time I restart the ipod I will need to plug it back in and run blackra1n? There are some things on Cydia that require you to restart before using, right? Also, if someone releases an untethered jailbreak, then would I just use that or uninstall this? And do you uninstall by hitting the "Restore" button in iTunes?

Thanks, I'm jailbreaking for the first time.
  2. shamim57

shamim57 New Member

When it says you cant turn your ipod back on if it's tethered can you just make it go to sleep instead of turning it all the way off? Or will you have run blackrain again when you wake it up
  3. biikmans

biikmans Active Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    putting it to sleep is fine, you won't have to run it again. only when you power it down.
  4. tritran18518

tritran18518 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    u just stay away : reboot ,turn off or run out battery . But if u have to reboot .. run blackra1n again will help u go back without nothing lost ( sr for my english)
  5. Slusho64

Slusho64 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I tried using blackra1n and all it did was put it into recovery mode. It took 2 hours to find the way to get it out (download quickpwn and it tells you the rest when you run it with the ipod plugged in: hold both buttons for 15 seconds, let go, and hold down the sleep button for 2 seconds; the method seems only to work when the program has been run).

Anyway, why isn't it working? I put it in C:\ and ran in compatibility mode and as an administrator (I'm on Vista).
  6. SmexyPenguin18

SmexyPenguin18 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    The only thing I know that you need to reboot is winterboard. Everything else is pretty much just a respring.
  7. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

To run blackra1n, have your iPod turned on and plug it into your computer. Click "make it ra1n", and wait 30 seconds.

Problem probably lies with drivers. Vista sucks with drivers. When it's in recovery mode, open up Device manager, find your device and click find drivers, and choose iPod (DFU) or whatever looks right. Blackra1n should then continue as normal.

When needed to reboot, let it do so; your iPod will boot again, then hang. At this point, simply run Blackra1n again and it'll be fine.

As for a future untethered, you can simply update the jailbreak, or restore if you wish

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. Slusho64

Slusho64 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Thanks SmexyPenguin and simsandwhich.

simsandwhich: I tried that, going into device manager, right clicking on "Apple Mobile Device USB Driver" and hitting "Update Driver Software" and then "Search automatically for updated driver software" which, after searching, just said I had the right driver software.

Also, if I were to open iTunes, it would recognize that it's in recovery mode, so the computer recognizes it. Anything else you can think of?

Should I put blackra1n on a computer with xp and plug my ipod into that?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Ok I finally got it working. Believe it or not, the problem was compatibility mode. I turned it off, and now it works fine! Thanks for everyone who gave input.