Just to be sure, before I upgrade to 3.0...

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0 Jailbreak' started by adrolak, Jul 26, 2009.

1. adrolak

adrolak New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok, I purchased the whole 10.00 3.0 upgrade thing, but I have yet to install it, because I have a few questions:

1.) Should I,
    a.) restore my ipod touch 2G back to erase the jailbreak before I install the update?
    b.) just update it like it is now, jailbreak and all, with jailbroken apps?
    or C.) wait untill we jailbreaks have been able to get most of the apps updated and then update it?

Also, If i should restore it before updating, then should I put it into DFU mode and restore it before updating, or should I just update it as is and re-jailbreak it. And when I update it does the update erase all my current apps, songs,videos, ect or do they all stay, because if they stay then wouldn't my jailbroken apps and cydia also stay on there as well?
  2. JonnySK

JonnySK Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    "A" without a doubt. Otherwise you could run into several problems. Upgrading from 2.x to 3.x will NOT allow you to keep the jailbreak, as they require 2 different jailbreaking methods, and if you try it, you will likely end up with a massive "Other" section on your iPod, taking up space for no reason.
  3. Ryuzaki

Ryuzaki Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    DFU restore.
    It's alot safer.
  4. JonnySK

JonnySK Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Actually, it's not. Though most people think it is, it's not. People can make mistakes while trying to get into DFU mode, and normal restoring will do the job perfectly. DFU Mode is just a way of force restoring. They both effectively restore the same way
  5. JIMIneitor

JIMIneitor Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch

its easier if you know how

if you dont know, then you should do a normal restore

@OP: Right now most of the jailbroken are available for 3.0, and about 99% of the appstore works flwalessly.

id say either DFU restore, or Recovery Mode restore
  6. adrolak

adrolak New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Whats the difference between DFU and recovery mode? Isn't DFU the one where you hold lock and home till it beeps then hold lock till it beeps again?

Edit: Just another question, when they say the ipod 2g with 3.0 is bluetooth enabled does that mean I can use the internet thru it too?
  7. JonnySK

JonnySK Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ignore all that, just restore and upgrade and you will be perfectly fine.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Nope.